Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through
innovation to build a low carbon economy. We run programmes for students, startups and innovators across Europe in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose & Responsibilities of the Role
The Startup Accelerator in the DACH geography is one of Climate-KIC’s most successful programmes with startups raising over €m150 per year in funding. The Accelerator Manager Vienna is accountable for the delivery of the programme in Austria in strong collaboration with her/his colleagues in Germany and Switzerland.
Key responsibilities include:
Programme Implementation, Monitoring & Improvement
- Be the first point of contact for all Austrian startups motivated to join Climate-KIC’s Accelerator Programme
- Establish a nationwide outreach campaign to attract applications from the very best founders in the field
- Manage the startup pipeline and the competitive selection process ensuring the most promising ventures enter the programme
- Monitor startup progression and initiate appropriate supportive actions
- Further develop a curriculum addressing the needs of the participating startups and oversee the implementation of it through contractors and partners
- Ensure continued and measurable high quality outputs of the programme
- Collaborate with other locations and C-KIC programmes in developing, prototyping and introducing new programme elements for ideation/pipeline management, coaching/mentoring, community management, acceleration
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of two programme rounds per year
- Organise and administer events, e.g. startup pitch sessions, trainings, community events
- Document the implementation of the programme and its KPIs to report back to its funders
- Oversee programme performance assessment and year-end reporting
- Develop and lead operational excellence initiatives to improve internal processes
Business Development, Relationship Management & Fundraising
- Manage relationships with implementation partners and external stakeholders
- Support a vibrant community of alumni, investors, partners and mentors around the programme
- Represent Climate-KIC and its Accelerator programme in public, events, Universities, etc.
- Engage in the creation of new income streams based on the startup programme, e.g. through corporates, foundations, investors
Required Background & Qualifications
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in business administration or another relevant field
- More than 3 years of work experience in business development, startup acceleration, or strategy consulting
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Deep understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation management, ideally with hands-on experience working in a startup or as an angel/venture investor
- Understanding of the drivers and impacts of climate change, challenges in the fields of energy, (e-)mobility, circular economy etc. are a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the Austrian startup ecosystem is a plus
- Self-starter, the Climate-KIC Austria branch has only formally started recently
- Fluency in English and German
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background. We offer a vibrant working environment in an inspiring community of climate innovators across Europe.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Applications should reach firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 22 August 2018.
Please state your earliest availability and salary expectations.
Job type: Full-time
Hours / week: 40 h
Salary: 47.000,00 Euro / Year (Competitive for Not for Profit organisation)