Byrd’s modern technology, which is transforming the 250-year-old parcel shipping process, makes various logistics processes for retailers seem like a walk in the park.
Thanks to the online platform goods can be stored or large orders can be processed flexibly and transparently. With just a few clicks, a courier can be requested, customized packaging specified, shop systems connected, and shipments tracked until they reach the customer. This way, Byrd helps retailers to save money, time and to concentrate on their core business to sell even more successfully.
Due to increasing interest in our client’s product and the company’s growth potential, Byrd is currently looking for a Chief Logistic Officer – to bring business to the next level.
You’re going to
- act as first point-of-reference for all logistic related inquiries and manage the whole ecommerce logistics – especially B2C in warehouses and delivery, in order to develop strategies to improve speed of orders, service quality and to reduce costs
- be responsible for quality assurance and maintenance of existing logistics locations as well as the set up and opening of new ones
- negotiate prices with service providers for warehouse operations, deliveries and new service patterns and be in charge for the onboarding of new logistic partners
- show huge emphasis on continually assessing and improving logistics processes, through digitalisation and advanced data analysis, to increase efficiency for all ecommerce orders
- develop and maintain periodic reports and KPIs
- lead a high-performance logistics team and create an exciting, dynamic and sustainable work environment that ensure the efficient execution of functions across the entire logistic department
- proven track record in a leadership role and 3+ years of relevant experience in ecommerce logistics either from the start-up ecosystem or with a corporate background
- high competence in warehouse operations as well as state-of-the-art warehouse automatization and comprehensive understanding of B2C ecommerce and supply chain management
- acquired experience as a business consultant (e.g. Deloitte, Accenture, BCG etc.) is an advantage
- clear and concise communication skills (German and English)
- prioritization, able to shift focus to urgent issues while not falling behind on other duties
- able to create and maintain professional relationships with logistic partners
- calm and confident, always maintain a friendly disposition even (and especially) under pressure
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to experience an authentic start-up atmosphere in a dynamic work environment
- Creative leeway in a key management position
- Work with a diverse and motivated team
- Respectful communication and exchanging of ideas
- Full-time position in Berlin (Germany) or Vienna (Austria)
Are you up for it?
We can’t wait to meet our future Chief Logistic Officer!
Get in touch now! Send an e-mail including your CV to the contact below.
Hours per week: 40 h
Salary / month: 3.571,43 € (depending education and previous work experience)
Location: Erzherzog Johann Platz 1, 1040 Vienna | Max-Beer-Straße 3, 10119 Berlin