Runtastic develops a continuously evolving portfolio of apps and online services to track fitness and health data. Together with adidas, we create exceptional experiences for our worldwide community. We work in a fun start-up environment and have team members from all over the world. As change makers, we share a passion for cutting-edge technology and the vision of making the world a healthier place.
Linz, Vienna, Salzburg
With every app download and new feature, we face the challenge of scaling our backend and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our customers. Ruby (JRuby, MRI), Rails , a microservice architecture and our handpicked database technologies help us reach this goal. Your responsibilities as part of an agile team will be:
- Conception and implementation of new social, geobased or health features
- Design of next generation, efficient and reusable backend services as well as APIs
- Development of highly available, fast and scalable solutions
There will be plenty of opportunities to bring in your own ideas and thereby help the department develop further.
- Expertise with backend development and enthusiasm for Ruby (first practical experience is a plus)
- Understanding of databases, for example, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra – We use those among others!
- Preference for talking to clients in JSON or binary
- Preferably, a degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field (higher technical institute or university)
- Very good German and good English skills OR very good English skills (written and spoken)
- Willingness to learn, to build cool stuff and to work in beautiful Austria
Austrian law requires us to post the minimum salary according to the collective agreement. This is EUR 32,648 gross per year. We offer a market conform salary in line with your qualifications and experience. We will treat your application in strict confidence.