Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, goShanghai&Beijing 2020 will be a fully DIGITAL program with exclusive webinars for Austrian startups that want to cross borders and aim to internationalize to Mainland China.
Together with AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA, the Global Incubator Network Austria is looking for Austrian later-stage startups from various verticals that look for international partners (investors/corporates).
From May to June 2020 selected startups will have weekly webinars to work on their internationalization strategy and to prepare their expansion to Asia. All participating startups will receive first-hand insights into the Chinese market and can benefit from personal support as well as individual mentoring due to a flexible, modular online schedule.
As soon as the current situation regarding COVID-19 allows business trips again, GIN offers the selected startups to meet potential stakeholders for follow-up meetings in Shanghai and Beijing with a goAsia Individual Ticket. For goAsia Individual GIN refunds 80% of all expenses up to € 7,000 per startup (including travel and accommodation costs).
*IMPORTANT: We are in regular contact with our international partners and are closely monitoring the further development of the coronavirus outbreak. It is our aim to provide a beneficial acceleration program that is accessible for all selected startups while ensuring every participant’s safety.
- Weekly Webinars: Get first-hand insights into the chinese market, tax & legal issues by international experts.
- Benefit from workshops, 1:1 mentoring sessions and unique business connections to investors/corporates, etc.
- Meet potential stakeholders in China for follow-up meetings with goAsia Individual & get € 7,000 refund for 80% of travel costs
The program goShanghai&Beijing 2020 DIGITAL is most suitable for startups meeting the following criteria:
- Verticals: Advanced Manufacturing, Mobility, AI, Automotive, Smart Transport, Smart Logistics
- Austrian later-stage startup (beyond PoC and seed-stage)
- established in the last 7 years
- raised at least seed-stage investment
- unique product/solution & working prototype / MVP
- a proven business model with traction (clients, revenue)
- interest in connecting to relevant stakeholders (investors, corporates)
- looking to develop further internationally with a focus on Asia
For more information on the program, click here!
Application & Selection Process
Online Application on aws Connect
latest by April 13, 2020 (23:59 CET)
The GIN-Team informs all applicants whether or not they are selected for the Online Pitch Event via e-mail. The pre-selected startups will receive an e-mail with all log-on details.
Online Pitch Event
The pre-selected startups have 3 minutes to pitch in English online followed by a short Q&A session by the jury of national an international experts. We will inform all startups via e-mail whether or not they are selected for the Online Pitch Event.
Final Decision – Congratulations!
latest by the end of April, 2020
After the Online Pitch the jury will select the finalists of goShanghai&Beijing 2020 DIGITAL. The finalists will receive an e-mail with next steps from the GIN-Team latest by the end of April.