The acceleration program goHongKong & Shenzhen with a breakout session to the Startup Launchpad 2019 supports you in your internationalization plans to Asia with extensive hands-on experience, customized networking opportunities and business connections.
The Global Incubator Network Austria (GIN) in cooperation with the Austrian Trade Commission Hong Kong (AußenwirtschaftsCenter Hongkong) offer Austrian later-stage startups in the field of hardware the opportunity to enter China’s Greater Bay Area. Be part of GIN’s HARDWARE SPECIAL and connect with partners and experts in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
Participants will get first-hand insights into the local Chinese market and introductions to corporates, distributers, development partners, investors and any other relevant stakeholder of the local startup community. For this goAsia program GIN works closely with the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber WKO and its international department AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA.
The goHongKong & Shenzhen program will take place from April 15th to April 26th 2019 with the possibility to extend the stay for an additional week.
What we need from you: Complete the online form, upload your pitch-deck and a one-minute video pitch-presentation
Austrian Startups participating in this program must meet the following criteria:
- Vertical: AR, VR, Connected Devices, Health Tech, Edu Tech, Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles/Drones, Maker Tech, Wearables
- Mid- or later-stage
- Unique product/solution
- Established in the last 5 years
- Raised at least USD 100,000 at Seed Rounds
- Working Prototype / Most viable product ready
- Interest in connecting to relevant stakeholders (investors, corporates)
- Looking to develop further internationally with a focus on Asia
Online application closes on January 11th, 2019 (11.59pm CET)
On January 14th, 2019 we will contact all applicants and will inform the startups chosen for the second round about further steps.
Online Pitching Event January 15th 2019
Preselected startups will have five minutes to pitch online, in front of our jury, followed by a five-minute Q&A session.
Final decision January 18th 2019
The chosen startups for the goHongKong & Shenzhen 2019 program will be informed via e-mail.
- AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA charges for its comprehensive service EUR 500
- GIN refunds 80% of expenses for the acceleration program as well as accommodation and travel costs up to EUR 7,000 per startup (excluding the above mentioned service fee)
Apply for the program goHongKong & Shenzhen 2019 via our online application tool now!